I seriously blinked and summer is now a thing of the past...
It was quite a day for us today. Kylie started Intermediate School (with that comes changing classes, a bigger school, several teachers instead of one, and the a la carte line in the cafeteria-she was most excited about the ability to eat nachos, cheese sticks, etc everyday for lunch-more on that later) AND Gavin and Landon started kindergarten in seperate classes (they have never been seperated in a school setting before).
I will admit it...I cried...it was a weird feeling taking them to different classes...and all the while wondering if Kylie was lost and upset...
3:30 could not come fast enough! I picked them all up and asked about their day and...Kylie could not stop talking! She was so excited...did not have any anxious moments or worries and had a fabulous day. Landon said he had a pretty good day...the usual stuff...he liked the playground and reading books...that was about all I could get out if him. Gavin gave me THE LOOK before shouting...I HATE SCHOOL...ITS SO BORING...I JUST SAT THERE ALL DAY LONG...MY TEACHER WOULD NOT STOP TALKING...DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO BACK?
Ai.yi.yi. It may be a long year.
Annual front porch photo :)
We took Kylie first to her new school
Their school rolls out the red carpet complete with fancy outfits worn by the principal, music teacher, and other staff...Gavin later said, "can you believe they played music for us?"
Landon in his classroom
Gavin in his classroom
Thursday, August 19, 2010
First Day of School
Posted by Dallas Family at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my goodness! i can't get over how much the boys have grown and that kylie is in INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL!! wow. the time has really flown by, hasn't it?
Love the red carpet treatment!
Post a Comment