This is a hard one to write. How can I possibly describe in words what it feels like to be a mother? There are so many emotions that I feel on a daily basis. I used to feel unworthy when I thought to myself "I just need some peace!" But I have since realized that all moments in life are not perfect. I am not perfect, I do not make all the right decisions, and I know there will be times when I want to pull my hair out. I am willing to go through all of those not-so-good emotions just to have one wonderful moment with my children. I have had sleepless nights, been thrown up on, been yelled at, and told to "HUSH MOMMY!" (that is Landon's personal favorite when he is upset at me). I have cleaned up baby food from every imaginable place. I have laughed and cried all in the same moment. I have felt like I just didn't know how I was going to handle one more moment. But I did, and I will continue to.
I love cooking with Kylie and reading books before bedtime. I love it when we get the foot spa out and give ourselves "pedicures". I love seeing her make good decisions and when she can admit to making bad ones. I love it when she wants me to come with her to parties, field trips, and other outings. I love seeing her dance and cheer!
Gavin makes me laugh everyday! I love it when he sees that I am upset and crawls in my lap and asks what is wrong. I love how he always manages to get Landon to do things he shouldn't (not getting Landon in trouble, but being a leader). I love it when he won't get in the car and I tell him bye and he yells "Don't leave, you forgot Gavin!" (he still doesn't refer to himself as I much). I love how Gavin sings all the time!
Landon has such inner strength! He is the kindest, most nurturing child! I love it when he puts my cheeks in in little hands and looks into my eyes and says "Hi Mommy". I love how he helps me clean up, even when it is Gavin who made the mess. I love how he looks out for his brother and sister constantly asking, "Where is Gavin" or "Where is Kylie" if he cannot see them. I love when he sneaks a drink of mine and yells "I like Coke!".
I could go on forever! I feel incredibly blessed to have my children! I know there will come a time when it is not cool to like your parents. I can only hope that between now and then I give them everything they need!
Here we are on Mother's Day (2008)
2 comments:
I love this post! Your such a great mother; your kids are GREAT! I love the little bits of their personality you captured in just a sentence or two. I'm so blessed to be a part of your lives!
You are blessed to have JD and your 3--- and they are doubly blessed to have you!
Post a Comment