All the kids went to the doctor this week for their well child checkups. Kylie went on Monday and Gavin and Landon went on Tuesday.
Kylie finally weighs over 50 pounds!! Yipee!! Actually, she weighs 54 pounds and is 54 inches. She is in the 30th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height. Her blood pressure and other vitals were perfect and he said he couldn't ask for a more healthy child.
Gavin and Landon are the exact same height; 32 inches and weight only ounces different. Now that they are not on a baby scale, the ounces do not make much difference. They weigh 31 pounds. They are in the 30th percentile for weight and the 45th percentile for height. They are both doing great. He couldn't hear Gavin's heart murmur anymore (it wasn't a big deal to begin with, only a slight murmur) and the only thing is that they have large tonsils-but that could be because of their allergies. Overall, a great checkup and the doctor is please with their recent growth!
I have some skinny kids. How interesting...all three of them are in the 30th percentile for weight!
On to the funny stories: All three kids said something that made me chuckle and I thought I'd share...
Gavin: We have had several rounds of severe weather over the past few months. In Feb/March the tornado sirens actually went off. We have dodged tornados unlike several communities around us. Anyways, there was a thunderstorm last night. Gavin came running out of his room and when I picked him up he said "ee gotta go to da closet!" (we gotta to to the closet). I said it was ok and was walking him down the hall to rock him for a little and he yelled "Mommy you going da wong way, go back go back!" He thinks that we have to take cover for all storms. It was just too funny!
Landon: Landon is uninterested in knowing who people actually are, he just associates how people look with a category. Before going to the doctor yesterday he was walking around the house saying, "we go to doctor today". When the doctor came in the room, Landon said, "you no doctor...you a grandpa." I couldn't help but laugh. He does the same thing with our neighbor. When we see her walking I tell the boys to wave at Marge. Landon says "no that a grandma." It is much funnier when the other person can actually hear him say it!
Kylie: If the boys are with me when I take Kylie to school she has a little ritual of giving them hugs and kisses and asking them if they will miss her while she is at school. Of course this is not a short process. This morning there were several cars behind me and I was trying to get her to hurry. She finally got out and was waving to them as we drove off (it was a nice morning and the windows were down). In front of parents, teachers and other kids she started yelling, "Gavin, get that finger out of your nose. Do you hear me?? Stop it, that's gross!" I caught several smiles and chuckles from the adults and we continued to drive off.
This is all in a 24 hour period. My life is a circus! I wouldn't want it any other way!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Updates and Funnies!
Posted by Dallas Family at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the nice calm way you look at life. It is so great to appreciate everything right there in the moment, not waiting to look back and see how blessed you were.
i love it! I love your kids! They crack me up!
Post a Comment