I have several "posts" to make...I just have to download all the pictures. In the next few days there will be a few new updates.
Really, I am just venting to myself. I am uneasy about this new school year. I'm not really worried about Kylie. Third grade will be more work, but she can handle it. I am wondering how well I am going to get her to Sonshine Mon, Tues and Wed by 4:00. But, that will work out.
I am uneasy about the boys. They will be coming with me (not in my class) on Tues and Thursday mornings. I have been looking all summer for someone to pick them up and watch them for a few hours in the afternoon until I get off work. I finally found someone. She has experience and seems nice. My plan was to send them to daycare the other three days. She wants to watch them on Mon, Wed and Fri all day as well. My stomach has been in knots just thinking about it. This person is a stranger to me. I have to be ok with sending my children to her every day. I envy those people who have close family friends or actual family members to watch their children. I don't know why I feel so different about this than daycare. And, even though I go back to work on Monday, I haven't fully made my decision on where to take them just yet. We are going to visit the babysitter in just a little bit. Wish me luck! I need some peace about this!!
UPDATE (Saturday): The boys will be going to UCA on Tues/Thurs mornings, Miss Melissa's on Tues/Thurs afternoons, and daycare on Mon, Wed, Fri all day. Really, the decision was made for me because of their therapy sessions. They enjoyed their visit at Miss Melissa's house and I know they will be taken care of!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Uneasy...
Posted by Dallas Family at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
For consistency, this person might be a good idea. I'm guessing that she doesn't watch any other children though since is available to pick up the boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So then the matter of taking them the other three days would be will they be the only kids at her house, and will there be other adults there to keep each other in check?
I'm not sure how day care works for just three days a week, but at 3, there is also the option of kids' day out programs with this woman watching them in the afternoons, I don't know if that would be a cost savings or not... :/ saying a prayer for you this afternoon!
Post a Comment