Friday, December 26, 2008

Changes...and Christmas Eve

This holiday has brought several changes for us.

The first being our tree. I have NEVER had an artificial tree my whole life. And, I never thought I would. We had a horrible time finding a tree this year (I am picky and only like short needled trees). We finally decided to get a fake tree and save ourselves money in the years to come. Real trees are more expensive each year. I didn't think I was going to like it but once we got the ornaments and lights on...I did like it. Our tree is not at all fancy (although I secretly would like a more "put together" tree at some point. Our ornaments are ones that the kids have made or we have gathered that have some meaning to them.


Here is a picture...



This is not a change but it has affected our holiday...my grandpa passed away Christmas Eve morning. He had cancer and was in pain and while I feel extremely guilty for not making time to call him I am at peace that he is now pain free and walking in heaven (he hasn't been able to walk for several months). Without going into too much detail we were going a few days early to Florida before our actual vacation started so I could spend some time with him and my grandma. I didn't get the chance but my grandma will be moving here soon.

We went to my in-laws for Christmas Eve. We had a wonderful dinner and a good time visiting. Here are a few pictures...

Landon





Gavin


Kylie


The kids before opening presents

0 comments: