We had a very low-key Thanksgiving this year (which was good). We usually do not have a big "event" but this year it was just us and my brother. My mom is out of town at my grandparents in Florida.
Jared had to work so we had dinner instead of lunch. The kids went to Little Rock for lunch and that let me get all of my cooking done without interruption!
JD's first experience cleaning a turkey! It was too funny!
I was cooking and JD was....playing rock band....
We usually get wired looks when people find out what we eat on Thanksgiving. My family is not from the south. I grew up in Pennsylvania. I mean some of it is typical...turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole...then we get a little abnormal...stuffing (this is different than dressing...much different), noodles (now, I'm not sure this is typical northern but our family always has them...), broccoli/cheese casserole, rolls...
We hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving with lots to be thankful for!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving
Posted by Dallas Family at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like ya'll had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's nice not to have to rush around and go a million different places! Looks like you did a great job on the meal..not too sure about the noodles though! Ha!
Noodles are good! And I'm sad I didn't get any stuffing this year. I love how everyone's looking and JD is concentrating on FOOD!!!
Post a Comment